Thursday, 13 February 2014

School Lunch Box Baking - Stocking the Freezer


In order to be organised for school days and my hungry little school girl I now have

Big Baking Days!! 

Well okay not that big as my freezer is not huge but I do like to have baking days where I might bake about 3 different things to pop in the freezer ready for lunchboxes and after school snacks. Of course all the things I bake are nut-free (even the teacher has a nut allergy!). If they aren't nut free I'll label them silly so I know that they are NOT to go to school. Our school is nut-free but luckily there are no other food allergies we need to be mindful of.

So here's some of the things I've baked for our freezer stash so far ...

Pikelets
I used the Thermomix  EDC Pikelet recipe for this recent batch but I do love the apple pikelets from Mummy Smiles too 


Banana Muffins
I've tried a lot of banana muffin recipes. There are a lot I like but this one from Bianca at A Little delightful is the one I love


Zucchini Mini Muffins
I love the idea of making zucchini mini muffins instead of a slice. A lovely friend shared this idea on instagram when she was making them and I think it's the bees knees!!  I also tried her yummy recipe which is very similiar to this one I found here but using half as much oil.


Other mini muffins
Here's some other muffin recipes I've used quite regularly.

Mini Quiches

These mini quiches from Mummy Smiles went down a treat with everyone including hubby!

 Packaging & Storage

All the baking goodies are packed in snack bags or sandwich bags which I date. The are then placed in an easily accessible basket on the top shelf of my freezer.

 I've packaged my baking goodies in two different sizes for the freezer. I've put them in small snack sizes for lunchboxes and bigger bags for afternoon snack sizes. Let's face it with my tummy growing bigger I'm going to need afternoon tea stashes too!! All I'll need to do on those hard days is add some cut up some fruit.


Stay tuned because I'll share some more recipes when I've done some more freezer baking 
sessions in a couple of weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...