Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Lately ...

You may have noticed that I've been a little absent on the blogging front lately so I thought I'd let you all know what's been keeping me so busy.

Firstly we sadly lost our very much loved dog of 10 years.

Jasmin had her tonsils and adenoids out. She was amazing and had a great recovery. Jasmin is now not snoring and getting a much better night's sleep. Unfortunately my great hope that she would start to sleep in  later than 5.30/6am did not eventuate and now it's lighter so much earlier she is up at 5am every morning! I'm soooo not a morning person.




Then along came a new little addition to out family, Mr Maximus.
 
 
Wow having a new puppy certainly is far more challenging than I remember it was 10 years ago. I'd forgotten how much they love to chew everything and anything. Oh and don't even mention the toilet training!!

The girls have been growing up so fast. They've both had growth spurts and are so chatty these days. They've certainly had their moments ...


... cheeky monkeys!

I started taking the girls to swimming lessons. They are loving it! I'm not loving the fact I have to get in with Jasmin. I love her but boy does she kick me hard!!


I also decided that it was time for a big change in my life and I started Michelle Bridges 12WBT. I have to say I can not believe how yummy a lot of the food is and I was rarely hungry. I lost a lost 4 kilos in 3 weeks, fell into the healthy BMI range (this made me so happy) and I was feeling great. 


 Unfortunately my weight loss journey had to end but all for a good reason ....



This was quite a surprise but with a strong history of miscarriages and my age I have been extremely stressed out and have found it hard to focus on very much. My heart just wasn't up to much, particularly blogging. But now finally at 14.5 weeks I'm feeling much more positive and my energy levels are returning ... now I just need to deal with the horrid hay fever that has hit me. 

I can't believe it's time for the silly season already and I think I've started nesting already!! 
Yay!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, wow!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! That's a pretty spectacular reason for a blogging hiatus ;-) Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was scrolling down I just knew there would be an ultrasound pic - congratulations! What exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge huge congratulations!!! What wonderful news xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a busy few months you've had .... Big congrats on the baby and enjoy the new puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby news is always the best! Hope your pregnancy goes smoothly. Enjoy that new puppy too - I bet the girl's are loving him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...