Monday, 16 September 2013

Organising the Pantry - Labels Part 1: The Basics

 I love organising my pantry and I've rearranged it several times over the years as my kids grow and our eating habits change. I love having an organised pantry as it has such a huge impact on my everyday life. I can find things easily, put things away quickly (everything has it's place) and I can easily check what I need to buy when I do the food shopping. To make my pantry work even better for me and to make it look a little prettier I made some labels up for my Tupperware modular mates.




I used to just use a label maker but I never loved them as they just weren't really that nice to look at and I couldn't find any printable ones online that catered for the wide range of pantry items I now have since buying my Thermomix.



In the end I made my own up using photoshop, adhesive printer paper from Officeworks and my very useful 1 &1/2 inch craft punch.


I shared a picture of my newly labelled pantry and I had quite a lot of requests for me to share them.
So here are the first lot of pantry labels. I've made a basic range to start off with and they include a set of first aid/medicine box labels.



 They are available in six different colours which you can download here:


So that's the start of the pantry labels but stay tuned more labels are coming!

Note: Unless you print the labels onto waterproof printable paper (which I haven't found yet) you will need to carefully hand wash your containers so that the labels don't get wet.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Job Kerina! Thanks so much for sharing your labels too. Re: the "waterproofing" issue, when I printed off my pantry labels a few years ago, I just printed onto normal paper, cut out the labels and then laminated. Then I used stick on velcro to attach the labels to the containers. This way I can just remove the label when washing the containers, and it also means its easy to change labels around as I need to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adele. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...