Saturday, 8 June 2013

Construction Theme - Kid's Activities

 Yesterday I used the 'Construction' theme for the day's activities.

'Dirt' play dough is so easy to make I just replaced some of the flour with cocoa powder. 
The smell did make me crave chocolate though! I might try using a little less cocoa next time.


Muddy Tyre printing was fun! Just some brown paint and some trucks I found cheap. 
Kmart has some for about $3 each.I chose big trucks for the best size tyre prints. You can just use cars too.


A gorgeous mum who volunteers every week to help me out bought in her tap tap (or hammer & hit) set for the kids to play with too. These sets are so fabulous for developing the kid's fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination. Think we might get a couple of these sets for the group as they were quite popular.



I set up a couple of sensory tubs on a table for the kids too. I provided safety helmets for them too. Sensory tubs are great for kids as learning and retention is higher when more senses are engaged.In this sensory tub is a mix of split peas and rolled oats.



 They did make quite a mess but the learning and fun far outweighed the clean-up we had to do.



I set up a table with some 'painting with water' pages. I found the perfect book of them at Woolworths for just $2. I chose this specifically to show parents an example of painting they can do at home with their kids if they are too scared of the mess that 'real' painting can create.

I love my job!

2 comments:

  1. Such awesome ideas!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ideas Kerina. Where in Perth do you run your sessions? Many thanks, Danelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...