Tuesday, 30 April 2013

My Spare Parts Box

 Do you ever have those moments when you are so thankful for having organised something in a certain way. That was me on Sunday afternoon when at the last minute I decided it was time to take the side of Jasmin's cot. We had planned to do this as soon as she turned two but chickened out! I thought we really should get onto it as we were getting really serious about buying her a big bed.

So what's all this got to do with being organised? Well I knew exactly where all the bits and bobs were that I needed to take one side off and install the little rail. Where you ask?
Here in my parts box  ...

This is kept in our study. Whenever there are parts leftover to something I simply pop them in a glad bag, seal and label or pop the instruction card in.


Easy peasy to do and easy peasy to find. Do you have a similar system in place?

6 comments:

  1. so handy having them all together in one box, much easier to find :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I keep mine together but not in such an organised way. I think I have discovered my weekend project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had thought to do this years ago when we were trying to find the bits to put the bunk beds back together. *face palm*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I think this idea came from one of those 'face palm' moments here Tina :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...