Monday, 4 February 2013

I'm Back and Feeling Blessed

Well it's been a while since I last blogged. I was feeling a little down and out but now I'm back feeling very refreshed and ready to tackle the world again. Watch out!


If you read my last post you would know we were experiencing quite a bit of stress in this house with the illness of my father-in-law and while this is still happening we have been very blessed to have some time-out to relax a little. For me I got a quite a few periods of 'me' time which is exactly what I needed to re-charge my batteries and my sanity. I have to say that our families have been amazing! I'm feeling very blessed to have them here to help us at the moment. The girls have had a few sleepovers with the in-laws, aunties, uncles and cousins. They have loved every minute of it. I think making cupcakes with their older cousin was major hit!!

  We even managed to get away for a little holiday on the Australia Day long weekend and I have to say that my sister and I exerted quite a bit of girl power on that weekend! You see we choose to go camping at Sandy Cape where we went at Christmas. The only problem is that this place is fully packed out on long weekends. You really need to go a few days before the actual weekend to secure a camp site and our husbands both had to work right up to Friday so we hatched a scheme. We decided to go up before them. I drove up in hubby's car with the girls and my sister had her hubby took up her caravan then went back to work. Then we managed to set my tent, gazebo, kitchen areas including 2 Engels and a generator all by ourselves! 


It was extremely windy but that didn't stop us - girl power all the way!! 

 


We had a lovely time with our kids and just us before the husbands arrived late Friday. 

  Well okay we had a lovely time after the husbands arrived too but I really do think we should do a girls camping weekend sometime! Hehe!

Thank you to all those wonderful family members of mine that have lent us a helping hand.
Thank you to all my wonderful friends and readers for hanging around and for all your lovely messages of support.

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time lately. I hope that 2013 is a great year for you.

    On another topic.... how BLUE is that sky?! Amazing! We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful country. It just about bankrupted my parents to move to Australia from dreary England but I am grateful every day that I (and my children) get to spend our lives here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...