Sunday, 5 February 2012

Our Australia Day Weekend - a bit late

Hi Everyone! It's okay I'm still alive!! I disappeared initially for the Australia Day long weekend. Well we made it a long weekend. When I got back I was buried in washing and needed to prepare for going to work. 

Yes you heard me correctly I said work. I decided this year to start dipping my toe back into working. I'm only working a few days here and there but I needed to get organised. I haven't taught for 2 and a half years. I have to say .. I LOVED it. I'm very lucky to love what I do and it's given me some fresh enthusiasm for my daily life as a stay-at-home mum. Having a break from my beloved children was hard but it did me the world of good. And adult convesation should be bottled and prescribed to all mums!

Here's a little bit of what we got up to for our Australia Day weekend.
We went away and staying in a hired on-site caravan (much bigger and cheaper than the cabins that we stayed in last time). We had lots of BBQs and went crabbing a few times. The kids had an absolute ball!





And yes it was HOT!! We spent the morning at the esturary and left before it got even hotter!



In the afternoon kids and adults were all involved in water fights. Trust me it was soo hot no-one complained about getting wet! We had lamingtons, Anzac biscuits, Vegemite scrolls and little frankfurters with sauce for afternoon tea.


I hope you had a lovely weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...